Municipal Lien Certificates (MLC) is a legal document that lists taxes and assessments owed on a parcel. These documents are usually requested for the preparation of a purchase or refinance of a property for the protection of the property owner.
- One MLC Request required for each Parcel
- Please email or call the Tax Collector's office at 978-597-1702 for any information you need to complete the MLC request
- Click here for MLC *Request Form (please print, complete, & follow instructions)
- Online Requests and Payment
Mail MLC *Request Form to:
Attn: Tax Collector, Town of Townsend
272 Main Street
Townsend, MA 01469-1519
- Please do NOT mail to our Lockbox Service.
- Effective 5/29/15 the Tax Collector's PO BOX 602 has been closed, please use street address listed above.
Written requests MUST include
- Current Property Owner(s) Names; Parcel Location and Parcel ID: Map-Block-Lot; current legal Deed reference book & page; and identify type of transaction (purchase or refinance)
- Requestor contact information and phone #
- A pre-paid fee of $50.00 for each parcel request (make checks payable to TOWN OF TOWNSEND)
- A self-addressed/stamped return envelope
- Note if it is a Refinance, New Purchase, or Foreclosure