The benefits of Recreation are endless - promoting health, building strong families, and creating a sense of community. To insure the quality of programs and public safety, all program participants, parents, spectators, instructors, and volunteers must abide by this Code of Conduct:
- All persons shall act with respect towards others.
- Comply with requests from officials, staff and program facilitators/instructors. Comply with any rules of the program, event or class and the rules of the facility where the program, event or class is being instructed.
- Act with character and courtesy while respecting the rights, welfare and dignity of all others. Refrain from any lewd, obscene or indecent conduct or expression, including profanity, harassment, discrimination, threats, intimidation or offensive remarks.
- Adhere to the rules & policies set by Recreation.
- Act in a safe, responsible manner regarding themselves and others. Refrain from any action, which in the judgment of any staff, instructor or facilitator, constitutes an attempt to inflict, or the actual infliction of, or injury to other participants and/or staff.
- Selling, possessing, use or appearance of being under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Selling, possessing or use of dangerous or unauthorized materials such as firearms, weapons, or other similar items is prohibited.
*Participants engaging in inappropriate behavior or violating Recreation policies within a Recreational event/class/program may be subject to have their privileges of participation revoked and may be subject to further disciplinary action, including but not limited to immediate removal.
Ongoing programs that do not offer Drop in availability-
“Drop In”- Per class payment for attending, pre-registration not required unless otherwise noted.
“Ongoing”- No set end date. Attendance is not a factor of cost.
Ongoing Payment Structure:
- Payment must be made for all sessions within the month regardless of attendance. Instructors will notify participants of how many sessions will be in the month by the last week of the previous month.
- Payment for each month must be made at the beginning of the month or at/by first monthly session.
- Check or Cash, Online(if available) accepted. Checks should be made out to “Townsend Recreation”. Please note Participant name and month payment is for on the checks memo line.
- Payments can be given to the Instructor to submit to Recreation OR can be mailed directly to : Townsend Recreation, 272 Main St. Townsend MA 01469
- Participants will be unable to attend until payment (current, past due) is made
Photographs and videos may be taken during some of Townsend Recreation Programs. These photographs and names may be used in future brochures, slide programs, bulletin board displays, newsletters and local newspapers, cable, and satellite providers and Townsend Recreation Social Media outlets. If you don't want to have you and/ or your child(ren) photographed/ videoed/ name published, please let us know ahead of time. Unless Townsend Recreation Staff is otherwise informed, attending a program/event gives Townsend Recreation permission to use photos/videos with you/ your child(ren) in tthem for promotional/ informational purposes.
Townsend Recreation is not an allergen free organization/ facility. *unless a program is otherwise noted as "allergy free"
Though the dance may be on school premises, it is a Recreation dance and not considered a school event, however all school rules and policies apply, including, without limitation, all alcohol, tobacco, and drug policies. In addition, the Commission expects that all students dress in a manner that does not disrupt or interfere with students’ participation in the dance as part of the Town’s broader educational mission. Accordingly, the following clothing and accessories are prohibited:
Clothes that reveal any undergarments;
Clothes that reveal a student’s bare midriff, chest, back, genital area, buttocks, or shoulders (this includes, without limitation, revealingly tight pants, tank tops, mesh tops, fishnet tops, halter tops, tube tops, crop tops, tops with spaghetti straps, and clothing that is in any way transparent);
Pants, skirts, and shorts fastened below the waistline;
Shorts, skirts, and dresses that end above the mid-thigh;
Hats, hoods, head coverings, caps, gloves, and sunglasses that are not worn for a religious or disability-accommodation purpose; and
Clothes or accessories that pose any risk to students’ health, safety, or general welfare (this includes, without limitation, spiked jewelry and chains that could be used as a weapon).
Students wearing any of the clothing or accessories set forth above will not be admitted to the dance. Students who put on or change into the same after being admitted will be required to leave. No student will be readmitted to the dance once s/he has been ordered to leave, nor will his/her admission fee be refunded.
Outside Food/ Drink is not allowed
Non Profit Use of The Rec Center: Cost is $25 per hr, Meetings only, schedule per availability. Additional fee may be assessed for cleaning and/or property damage.
Public Use at the Rec Center: Cost is $25 per hr, 2 hr minimum. schedule per availability. A $200 property deposit is required. Deposit will be held until next business day after the event for site inspection of cleanliness and property damage. All (original payment) or portion (refund check) of deposit will be returned/ mailed to Renter dependant on building condition within 5-10 business days.
Contact Emy Hoff at [email protected] for availability
Checks should be made out to: Townsend Recreation - please include your phone number on the check