You may pay your Real Estate Taxes, Excise Taxes, and Personal Property Taxes, on-line through a secure tax payment service of UniBank
- When you follow the link to the Townsend/UnipayGold to pay your taxes a new browser window will open
- It is important to click on the type of payment and use the correct Fiscal Year when making your payment.
- The year shown on your bill is the Fiscal year.
- The actual calendar year and the fiscal years are not necessarily the same.
- Interest will not be waived if the online payment/Unibank website is inoperable for any reason.
- If you have any past due balances, then the payment made today will be applied first to past due interest and charges, then principal in accordance with Massachusetts General Law.
- Online payments through the Townsend website are restricted to; Current Real Estate or Personal Property and Current & Demand Excise Tax Invoice balances.
- Past due Real Estate or Personal Property Tax payments can be made by mail or in person directly to the Tax Collector's office, call for payoff figure through a specific date as interest accrues daily.
- For Excise Tax Warrants, Final Notices, "Marked" Registrations, see below.
To pay Excise Tax Warrants, Final Notices, or "Marked" Registrations
- Go to Deputy Collector here. The Tax Collector's office is utilizing the services of Kelley and Ryan Associates, Inc. as our Deputy Collector.
- For the convenience of our Townsend residents, we now accept payment for excise tax warrants at the Tax Collector's office at Town Hall, or you may pay Kelly and Ryan online, or at any of their offices, located in the Leominster RMV, and offices in Leominster, Lowell, Beverly, Lawrence, Brockton, Taunton, Springfield or Hopedale.
- For assistance or directions to these offices, you may call Kelly and Ryan Associates at 508-473-9660 or go to their website.