The Townsend Recycling Committee plans and implements programs and initiatives to promote recycling, and reduce the amount of trash generated in Townsend. The Recycling Committee provides alternative solutions to the waste disposal problems, and assists the Board of Health with public education concerning recycling and composting.
Our theme: THINKING OUTSIDE THE BIN
- Increase public awareness and participation in recycling
- Maximize curbside recycling rate
- Establish reuse and waste reduction programs
- Reduce and manage Hazardous Household Waste safely
- Allow all businesses and residents access to town sponsored recycling and reuse